Tuesday 14 July 2015

Seventeen Define And Conquer Contour Kit


When this hit the shops a few months ago everyone went wild for it but it didn't speak to me so I left it on the shelf. A few weeks ago when I was in Boots picking up my regular Seventeen concealers and foundation, I decided to give this a try. Seventeen is one of my favourite most used brands and I do love myself a good contour. This was on special offer too, which added to my enabling. I'd been hearing a good few mixed opinions too, so I was interested to see how I got on with it.

First off it has really lovely packaging and a handy mirror. I really like that both the products are of equal size, as some contour kits can have far too much of one and not the other. These are in powder form which is my favourite kind and you can pick it up in two shades, something I'm hoping Seventeen might add to soon. Unfortunately as soon as I tired this for the first time I knew that it wasn't going to be a favourite of mine.

I found it to be powdery, hard to blend and too dark - I've tired both the fair and medium shades just to see if it helped. The highlighter wasn't noticeable at all and made no difference to the over all look. However on the other end of the scale the contour I found really muddy and it didn't sit well on my skin at all. I just couldn't work either shades of them! 


There are a few good points though. This would be perfect for someone starting out on the contour bandwagon, its easy to use and matte so your not going to have a disco ball face on your practice runs! Its also travel friendly and the handy mirror adds bonus points. But overall this just didn't do it for me. I think the Sleek contour kit is way better and its also roughly the same price as this too, around the €8 mark. 

Have you tired this - What did you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment