Tuesday 24 February 2015

Butter London: Top & Tails


Butter London is not a brand that you would see me using, its something of a serious luxury for me to fork out for nail varnish this expensive. So when I was given the chance to try out two of their best sellers, I jumped at it. This is a really gorgeous set called *Tops&Tails that comes with a nail foundation base coat and a hardwear P.D quick top coat. The packaging of this set alone is enough to catch my attention and want to have another look at it.

So lets start with the foundation base coat. I put on one layer of this and it drys extremely fast which is super handy and impressive. It drys matte with a colour of your nails but better. On the occasion that I want something on my nails but don't have the time to layer on and wait for my nail varnish to dry, I use a quick coat of this and it makes them look great. This claims to cover up imperfections or ridges on the nails, just like make up foundation does, making it easier to put your nail varnish on. I can't say that I've noticed that happening when I use it, but its still nice none the less. Its also suggested that men who want an invisible but perfect manicure use it and I'd have to agree, it would be perfect. I've not been able to hold any male friends still long enough to get them to try it out, but one day soon!

When using the foundation base coat I notice that its a little easier to get off glitter nail varnish. I use a lot of different base coats in the hopes that my glitter will lift easier, but not until I started using Butter London did that happen. Its really impressed me and I'm more likely to wear my favourite glitters now without the dread of setting aside an hour to try and get it off.


As with the foundation base coat, the quick dry top coat drys just as fast and impressively. If I'm really impatient then I'll blob a few drops of this on still slightly wet nail varnish and it will make it dry faster. This is a shiny see through top coat that protects your varnish from chipping for a lot longer then with other top coats I've tried. 

Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't suggest these are must have products and you need to fork out the €22.95 each for these bottles. But if you are in the market for them, I'd highly recommend picking them up. You wont be sorry. Even go to Boots or Avoca and test them out to see how you get on, then decide. They would make an amazing present for someone who loves perfectly manicured hands (and it will save a fortune on all those expensive salon sessions) or those who love doing nail art. I'm genuinely shocked at how long these keep my nail varnish from chipping (counting day 6 now). Butter London suggest using their polishes with them, but I'm currently using a wet'n'wild one and its holding up perfectly well. These are ones I'll get again when they run out, now thats saying something!


*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment