Monday 12 January 2015

New Herbal Essences Clearly Naked Collection


I'm a long time fan of Herbal Essence, I remember when I was in primary school I would always insist that my mom bought me the purple 2in1 bottle with the dark green lid. I must admit, I still prefer the old bottles to the fancy looking new ones, I don't seem to like change very much! But change and new things are the way to go which brings me to Herbal Essences newest edition to the family, the *Clearly Naked Collection.

There are three different categories in the collection; Volume, Shine and Moisture. Each has a shampoo and conditioner but Volume also includes a dry shampoo and Shine has a shine mist spray. Whatever style your hair is looking for, it seems that HS has you covered. I tried out the shine range that is meant to give you sleek and shiny hair that you want everyone to admire and touch. Its something that every girl and guy will crave at some point! Not only does it do the job of washing and cleaning your hair, but this range has zero parabens, silicones or dyes so you know that your hair isn't going to be damaged or stripped from use. 


Personally I've not noticed my hair being stripped of its colour, something thats very easy to see as I have bright colours through it. Unfortunately I can't use many shampoos or conditioners as they strip all the colour with only a few uses, so it was lovely to be able to try something new on my hair safe in the knowledge that I wouldn't be running out to buy more dye after washing my hair. The scent of this range is a mixture of grapefruit, green tea and mint, although the only smell I can detect is mint thats a little overpowering in the shower as your hair is still wet. Once its dry, the scent isn't as strong but pleasantly lingers all day so you feel like you've only stepped from the shower. 

I have been using these for the past few weeks and have noticed that my hair is in really good condition, being shiny and soft to the touch. However I'm not so sure about the shine mist spray. I'm not a fan of using these in general as I see them being a bit pointless and my bias opinion carried to this product. However I think someone with curly or unruly hair would really love this product as it tames frizz and helps to detangle, while still giving the supposed shine. My straight hair just didn't like this, nor did it really have a purpose other then to add in an extra product to make me feel a little fancier.



You can find these in Boots or all good chemists. Boots stock the 200ml shampoo and conditioner for €3.19 each and a lot of the HS products are on offer at the moment too, so it would be rude not to go in for a nosy at the offers!

*I did not pay for this item, it was a PR gift.  Please see my disclaimer here. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try this stuff out, I usually like Herbal Essences stuff :)

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks lovely and sound great! Stupid shampoo allergies getting in my way though!

    ReplyDelete