Tuesday 16 September 2014

Happy Birthday From The Body Shop


Back in July I got myself a loyalty card from the Body Shop. One of the perks of having a card is being able to pick out anything you like from the shop to the value of €10 for free in your birthday month. At the time I didn't think too much of it but last week I remembered and ran in waving the card around like a loon. Initially I was going to get myself their clay mask, but I had mixed up the prices and it was €20. You can add on the amount left to pay after the free €10, but I wasn't willing to fork over an extra tenner. Partly because I think I hyped myself up too much about getting it and then the let down of confusing the price left me deflated. (Seriously, you'd think I was talking about something really important with the way I was carrying on. But you can't joke around with me and beauty products, especially not the Body Shop!) So instead, I picked up a cleansing butter.

When this first came out I remember reading about it on A Model Recommends and thinking it sounded so nice, but the price tag was far too high for my liking. But when I had a little poke at the tester and a sniff, I didn't mind €14.95 too much and was happy to pay the difference, then be on my merry way. The lovely girl in the shop (- the one in Liffey Valley. I think we all know how I feel about the scary security in the shops in the city center) was so helpful, answered never ending silly questions and even wished me a happy birthday before I left. Ah, good positive customer service. You just can't beat it!


Anyway, on to the lovely new shiny thing that is the 'Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter'. This stuff smells fresh, clean and all round gorgeous. You can use to to remove make up form your entire face and it melts away any trace. Your meant to rub it all over your face and then rinse it off with water and be done. Thats all fine and dandy but to be honest I am 1: Difficult and 2: Lazy As Sin. The tin is harder to get the product out of then you would think and I didn't want to dig my nails and fingers into it to get the product out, as thats ruining the butter and plain nasty. I would guess you could wipe your fingers over it and then apply it to your face, but if you had to go back for more and had make up all over your fingers? Again, no no no. So what I like to do is wipe a cotton pad over the top and then have a good go with it on my face. I maybe use about 5 cotton pads and then use a cleansing water after. Boom, no need for mess, wreaking the product or even going into the bathroom to wash it off. Genius you say? Oh please, you are too kind!

Apart from being lazy and difficult, the cleansing butter is gorgeous to use. It melts easily onto the skin, gets off all the make up under the sun - even mascara, and leaves your skin feeling very clean, but also soft and moisturised. The only thing I would mention is not to go too wild with the amount of product used on and around the eye area. I got a little overzealous with it one night and it stung the eyeballs out of my head. But since then its been perfectly fine to use on my eyes again, so don't let that put you off. From using it for the past week I can see that it will actually last a long time despite my first impressions of it being a thin tin and a small amount of cleansing butter.

Apart from really liking how well this takes away my make up, I love the tin that it comes in and even the little stuck on label. As always everything from The Body Shop screams fancy and luxury. If your in the market for a new make up remover that you don't mind forking out for a little, or even just something to clean your skin with, I'd recommend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment