Sunday 27 April 2014

You Pure Beauty! Barry M Gelly Hi - Shine


I popped into Boots the other day for hair dye and I saw the most beautiful site on earth - 3 for 2 across all make up. I know thats a bit dramatic, but to me its honestly in my top 10 best things ever to see. I clearly have a very sad life! Anyway, I might have picked up a few bits. Heres one of them.

Barry M nail varnish has always been a favourite of mine. When I was younger I got a few of their more colourful, 'out there' lip sticks and eye shadows too. But the one thing I always go back for is the beautiful polishes. Shockingly enough though, I didn't own a single one of their gelly hi-shine polishes until now, isn't that just woeful? I thought it was, so I picked up a colour I would never normally wear to celebrate my first purchase of the line (and hopefully many more to come, oh hello there Boots points you little beauts!!)


Key Lime is a gorgeous Spring/Summer colour and just makes me want to go pick flowers. Its bright green but not in an in your face way. Two coats of this and your ready to rock 'n' roll. It lasted roughly 3 days on me, with only little chips but I'm a devil for chipping nail varnish minutes after its applied so this was impressive! Taking it off is as easy as putting it on and it doesn't leave any stains on your nails like some polishes can. 

As for the gelly hi-shine part in comparison to normal nail varnishes? When I was applying it I did definitely notice that the polish was spreading differently and that the consistency was thicker then others I have used. But once it drys I'm not sure if I can really notice a difference, it might be a little shiner then normal but that might be because I have read it on the bottle so I expect it to be. 

But either way, I really love this colour and will be wearing it lots this Summer. I'm making small steps to get away from black and throw a bit of colour in! I might have my eye on about 7 more of these Barry M nail varnishes too, just in case your wondering why theres none in Boots next time your in!! Theres 21 colours in the hi-shine range and they wont break the bank at 5.99 each.



Have you tried any Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes?

6 comments:

  1. This is one of the more recent colours I added to my constantly expanding nail polish drawer... And I like it but don't like it at the same time? I don't know why exactly! Greenberry is another gorgeous shade too though, like almost neon turquoise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when you think you've only a few nail varnishes only to go count and come away scared! I actually know what you mean, I wasn't sure at first but now I love it. I'll keep an eye out for Greenberry, thanks for the suggestion! :D x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Think its going to be a staple for Summer! x

      Delete