Friday 10 May 2013

NOTD: Essie Bikini So Teeny

You can clearly tell I was playing with picmonkey.com! Covering things in hearts should be a daily thing
Its been a while since I've done a nail of the day post so I thought as I have new Essie nail varnishes I might write a little one. I have a feeling I'm last to the party here (like I always am) as every blogger and vlogger has been raving about this range for only god knows how long. Normally Essie costs an arm and a leg (about €10 in the shops) so I never gave it much notice, but when I picked it up for £1.99 online from FragranceDirect I was a small bit delighted with myself. 


Bikini So Teeny is a really gorgeous lavender bluey colour that has a hint of sparkle in the bottle but less so once applied. This colour reminds me for some reason of Barry M's Blueberry, but of course its a lighter shade then this Essie one. The brush is a nice, full easy to use one but I have yet to find a replacement for essence brushes, they are still number one in my book. I have to say the packaging is nothing special but then again maybe it was the simple clean approach Essie were going for and its gone over my head. The varnish itself needs about 2 coats before it becomes completely opaque and lovely looking. The first picture on the right here shows 2 coats on all my fingers apart from my middle finger, just to show the difference. It does need a good few minutes to dry but once it does there is no smudging like there is with some polishes when you layer coats on top. I didn't feel the need to use a clear top coat with this as it was such a shiny good quality. 

Wear-wise it lasts about 3 days before it starts to show wear. I'm not counting the fact that because I sometimes bite my nails the chipping always starts early. I'm not sure if I would repurchase a nail varnish this expensive as I can't really justify it, but if any more catch my eye online that are the bargain price of £1.99 like this one was then I will definitely nab it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment